Request for Proclamations
Requests for Recognition
1. IMPORTANT: When you download a form from the web, please name the document and SAVE it to your local computer. Complete the form in its entirety and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. To request a letter of commendation from the Office of the Mayor, please email your request to email@example.com. Please include basic facts so that we can draft an appropriate letter.
3. For an event of general public interest or special recognition for exemplary public service to the community, the Mayor, at her discretion may elect to issue a Proclamation or issue a Key to the City. To be considered for a proclamation, please complete the form and include the proposed wording. It is the responsibility of the requester to provide the basic language for the proclamation; however, the mayor reserves final editorial discretion.
4. Proclamations are presented at 7 p.m. at the Regular Meetings of the City Council, scheduled on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Mondays of each month excluding holidays (see our Mayor and Council Meeting Calendar for details). The meetings are held in the City Council Chamber at City Hall, 7200 Church Street, Riverdale, Georgia 30274.
5. If the Mayor's presence is requested at a special event, the Mayor's availability MUST BE confirmed. Please complete the appropriate form under the Government Tab on the Homepage of the city's website.
6. Should you have additional questions please call Sylvia Vaughn, City Clerk at 770-909-5390.